Monday, May 9, 2011

Everyday nonchelance, simply family

Facebook today told me a story. It was a story of this whole school year. I've seen posts from days I was upset, days I was happy to be alive, and everything in between. Sure reading through some of what I've said made me smile or laugh. But what really got me were all the wonderful things people have said about me. From simple encouragement to down right adoration I've read some of the best things about me. After sitting down to reflect upon all this, I really got to thinking about friends. They aren't just people you talk to and bs with. They're important to mental health and there to help your mood. All too many teenagers think they face everything alone. In reality, there are 1600 other teenagers they see everyday who battle equally difficult problems.

The whole idea of school and everyone having the same problems.. That led to an even greater realization. A school is a family on a larger scale. In ways we are more like a family and closer to eachother then we are to our real blood. We share more with friends because we know they can relate. We fight just like a real family and we group ourselves with our mental twin. If only everyone were to open their eyes. It's easy to see that one and one makes two, two and one makes three, and together we're happy. To put it simply, if we were to stop ostracizing our family we may find that even those we see as odd are fun and wonderful people. This is nothing but a dream on my part but as Lennon said "a dream we dream alone is such, but a dream we dream together. Now that, is reality."

That happens to be the extent of tonights mental explorations. This is a shorter less in depth writing then I planned. But I feel that warming the subject slowly is the only way to go about building up for future pieces. These are things I plan to think about and keep in mind when I'm in school. I ask you do the same or at least give it a shot. Together we can change the world. One smile at a time.

-Yours truly Kyle Tisdall

No comments:

Post a Comment