Next week, I'll be turning 17, already. I wish instead I was turning 5 or 6 again. Most kids are probably thinking *why on earth would you want that?* Well the answer is simple, I'm afraid to grow up. Everyone hits that one moment in their life where they look at how much more responsible they have become. You look into a mirror and think, where has all the time gone? How did I get so much older so fast? Everyone will or has had it. That moment, it made me think long and hard. Where do I want to go, what do I want to be, and what can I do to make the most out of the precious time I have left? I have so little control over so many things in life, I wish there was only some way to never waste a second and still end up happy. Because there are those of us, who die wishing they had done more, and those of us who die from the stress if trying to fill every single second with a memory. I can't say I want to be either one, but I also don't want to live forever. Because to live forever would rip the meaning of life right from your hands. For every person who knows what I'm talking about, you aren't alone, you will never be alone.
I spend so much of my time now working at a restaurant. This job means more to me then any other job I will ever have or have had. It feels like I'm part of a real family when I'm there, everyone is so caring, thoughtful, trustworthy, and most of all everyone is just there for me. They really mean something special to me. I got on the subject of work because of what happened today. As I went to help clear some plates from a table where a little boy and his parents sat I was treated to a special conversation. I show up and asked for plates, before I received an answer the little boy asked me "what's your name?" I told him "Kyle buddy, but you can call me Kylito." (Kylito is a nickname I have been given at work.) His parents giggled at his straightforward style but I felt a strange liking for this new friend of mine. His next question, "are you a chip boy?" At this I couldn't help but laugh along with his parents, and replied "yep bud, chip boy host dishwasher, basically whatever they say they need me to do." This may seem like a pointless waste of time to say, but something about that boy. He showed me that even in a world of corruption, hunger, oppression, and fear; there exists innocence and joy in any form. He showed me that not everyone can bring joy, but joy, can be brought from anyone. No matter how down things get, you just have to look a little harder to find that silver lining. I have been having a serious amount of problems lately, but this experience, it has help lift my spirit. I will never give up on anyone no matter how hopeless things look, if you ever need a friend, really, find me. I won't rest until you have lost that burden. Because my way in life, is to carry the burden of everyone's weight upon my shoulders as to help them from a crushed end. I shall walk by your side in the sand, and when the going gets rough, you will only see one set of foot prints in the sand. I will have carried you through. Goodnight my friends
-Yours truly
Kyle Tisdall
No comments:
Post a Comment